1. Drug abuse does not just impact the individuals who are using the drugs, this activity impacts everyone who comes into contact with the user or cares about the individual.
2. The cost of drug addiction in the USA and Canada is almost $1 trillion each year. This amount includes all of the legal and criminal system costs, the traffic accident expenses, healthcare and healthcare abuse, lost productivity and wages, and other factors.
3. Roughly 66% of people who enter drug rehab typically report being the victim of abuse as a child, and the abuse may be sexual or physical.
4. Drug abuse and drug addiction is responsible for at least 50% of the crime in North America. In addition more than 50% of individuals who committed violent crimes were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when the crime was committed.
5. Between 10% and 25% of all traffic accidents involve a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
6. Many people start drug abuse and end up needing drug rehab for a full blown drug addiction because of high amounts of stress and invisible wounds from the past.
7. Marijuana is the most commonly abused drug in North America, and it is a popular drug abuse choice for most age groups.
8. More than 10 million people in North America used drugs at least once in the year 2006.
9. Drug rehab is not received by up to 90% of the people that need this type of help.
10. Public or community run drug rehab programs have a higher relapse rate than luxury rehabs and Christian drug abuse treatment programs in most cases.