1. Your Health- Alcohol abuse has a very devastating effect on your health, both your physical health and your mental health. This type of substance abuse can lead to many diseases of the mind and body. Alcohol destroys your liver and other internal organs, and it has a negative effect on your brain and cognitive function.
2. Your Finances- One reason that some avoid alcohol addiction treatment is the mindset that they can not afford it. The truth is that treatment is far less expensive than the financial costs and other considerations if you continue to drink.
3. Your Spouse- If you are married then the odds are that your alcohol abuse will end up costing you your marriage and your spouse if you do not stop. Substance abuse can make life difficult, especially for those who do not share or understand the addiction involved.
4. Your Kids and Grandkids- If you have children, grandchildren, or both then these are very good reasons to stop your alcohol use. You want to stick around as long as possible, and you want to be a good role model for the future generations as well. Get treatment now so that your children and grandchildren learn from the example that you set.
5. Your Career- Failing to get alcohol addiction treatment can cost you more than a job, it could cost you your entire career. Alcoholism affects every area of your life, and while you may try to keep your addiction secret it will eventually spill over into your work and home life.