1. If you want to stop drinking in 2015 then the best way to do this is to seek out treatment. There are many treatment programs and methods that can be very effective, and others that may or may not provide a permanent recovery from alcohol abuse.
2. If you have a problem with substance abuse, whether it is alcohol or drugs, then you need a strong support network in order to achieve your goal of complete sobriety. This support network can include family members, friends, professionals, and even groups, meetings, and organizations that help to fight drug and alcohol abuse.
3. Set a quit date that is a few weeks or a month in advance, and then psych yourself up to meet this goal. Count down the days until you quit forever, you may be surprised at how much easier it is to actually stop drinking in 2015 when you are prepared and you look forward to the quit date with excitement.
4. If you want to stop drinking in 2015 then you need to make a conscious decision to do this. Admitting that you have a problem with alcohol abuse or addiction is the first step on the road to recovery.
5. Substance abuse is a habit as well as an activity that has a physical or psychological impact on your life. Be honest about when you drink, where you drink, and why you drink. Once you understand these 3 factors then you will be in a better position to avoid these people, places, and environments.