There are many different substance abuse treatment options, but the most effective rehab programs will be different for each person. If you have addiction issues then it is important to understand what your substance abuse treatment options are so that you can make the best possible choice. The following are just some of the numerous substance abuse treatment options that you have:
- Community Inpatient- Community and charity inpatient programs can be found in most areas, but these usually offer very limited choices and they are not typically considered effective rehab programs. The risk for relapse is high with these substance abuse treatment options.
- Luxury Programs- These may be the most effective rehab programs and the best of the substance abuse treatment options. These facilities have a higher cost but the treatment methods used can vary widely, and some can be highly effective. Make sure before you choose this type of program that you are not just being charged more, and that the treatment will be highly effective.
- Medication- There are a number of medications that can be used as part of your substance abuse treatment options, and a physician can help you determine which medications are appropriate,
- Medical Detox- In some cases you may need medical detox. This can help minimize any cravings and ensure that there are no medical risks while you detox.
- Outpatient Individual Counseling- Substance abuse treatment options include outpatient individual counseling, which involves one on one time with a professional therapist in order to work through the issues that are causing your substance abuse. This is one of the more effective rehab programs.
- Outpatient Group Counseling- Group therapy involves one professional therapist who counsels a group of people, and this is also important for a full recovery. You will learn that you are not alone and that many other people have similar problems. This peer support can be invaluable.