BLOG

Binge Drinking

Would You Recognize the Signs of Alcohol Poisoning?

alcohol addiction treatment, alcohol poisoning

Alcohol poisoning is a serious condition, but would you recognize the signs of this deadly problem? If you need alcohol addiction treatment then you may have a large tolerance for alcohol, but if you are a binge drinker who does not drink daily or a teenager who is inexperienced with alcohol use then alcohol poisoning may be a very real possibility. Some of the most common signs of alcohol poisoning include:

  • Throwing up
  • Hypothermia
  • Unconsciousness
  • Confusion
  • Difficulty breathing or slow respiration
  • Seizures
  • Skin that is pale or turns bluish in color

If anyone displays these signs then alcohol poisoning is a possibility and immediate medical treatment is needed. If you suspect that someone has this problem then you should call 911 immediately or take the individual to the nearest emergency room right away. If this condition is not treated immediately it can lead to serious health risks or even death.

If you have experienced alcohol poisoning or you have a problem with alcohol use in any way then alcohol addiction treatment may be necessary. Make sure to do your homework and compare treatment facilities and programs that provide the best possible results. If possible choose a program that provides a wide range of therapy types and treatment methods. Individual sessions, group therapy, nutritional counseling, anger management classes, and other treatment techniques should be offered with any alcohol addiction treatment program that you choose. It is possible to have a future free of alcohol abuse if you receive the help necessary to overcome alcohol abuse and addiction.